Tuesday 12 April 2011

It makes me so mad and sad...

when people don't microchip their pets.
Wouldn't you like to know what has happened to your pet when it goes missing!
For the past two weeks we have had a black and white cat visit our garden to play with ours, It was a mature cat, but lovely it would meow at me. lol
This morning Reece found it dead in the front garden(normally see it in the back garden) I took it to the vets to see if it was microchipped and it wasn't, that made me cry I wish I had fed it or made more of a effort to pet it.


Did it have a home or was it a stray, I will never know, I wonder if someone if wondering where there cat is?


Off to dry my eyes.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh that is so sad. I know what you mean. You did all you could - sending you a hug xx

Julie said...

Very sad Rachael {big hug}

Pumpkin said...

That is very sad :o( Even if the kitty had a collar with tag...

Parsley said...

I'm sorry. I know it's a hard decision to feed an animal that isn't yours, not knowing if it has a home or not. There aren't easy answers to this except that people should be more responsible or not have a pet in the first place.

SheilasEmbroidery said...

A sad tale, cats are so independent creatures, when I had cats I couldn't keep a collar on them, they always managed to loose them, this was in the days when micro-chipping wasn't as common as it is now. I would certainly do it now having lost cats in the past and it is heart breaking not knowing what has happened to them. Thank you for caring.

Sheila said...

How sad Rachael and how caring of you to take I to the Vet many wouldn't bother. I work at a Vet and only yesterday we had "another" little dog found wondering - not chipped - but luckily being kept by the finder who is hoping the owner will try and find him. No guessing which one of your cats is Tango :)

Sheila