Monday 26 April 2010

I had a fabulous time on Saturday at the meet up organised by Jan in Hampshire, A Crafty Natter has been having these meet up's for a while and I have been to four of them now, it is great fun to see people that you chat to online, and the great thing about it is that we all get on so well, it is a great group of people without any bitchiness you can get in some groups!
It was such a lovely sunny day as well!

We had some birthday celebrations for Amanda and Ann.
Some actually did some stitching or crafting, others did lots of buying as Amanda brought her shop stock as she has closed her online shop due to moving abroad the lucky thing!! Hopefully she re-opens it when she gets there.
I didn't do much stitching as I am in a stitchy slump again. I think I really need something to boost my mojo!!
Afterwards we went for a meal, I haven't got any pics as I left my camera in the car and I couldn't be bothered to go fetch it. Maybe I'll borrow some pics off someone else

We(myself and the Hubby) stayed at a local Travelodge, now I like Travelodge's as they are cheap and yes you get what you pay for,like only one pillow, but hey it's just somewhere to sleep.

On Sunday after a lovely McDonald's we went into Oxford to have a wander.
( I was going to share some pics of Oxford but Blogger is playing up)
Then home through some diversion traffic(oh joy) so took a little longer than normal.
The cats were pleased to see us, not sure about the kids as they were spolit rotten at the grandparents!

5 comments:

Tanyastitches said...

I wish I could have come, it sounds like you all had a great day.

Karan said...

It seems to have been the weekend for meet-ups. Looks like you all had a great time too. :0)

Pumpkin said...

How fun! I really miss getting together with stitchy friends :o( Glad you had a great time though.

I think that there are a few of us in a stitching slump lately. I blame it on the fact that spring is finally here and we all want to be outside. It will come back :o)

Julie said...

They look a nice bunch of ladies, how great you and DH had a weekend away, what a treat to wander around Oxford.

Lovely floss tag in the post below

Hope your stitching mojo returns soon, i'm missing your stitchy updates

Lindsay said...

Looks like you all had a great time. I'll miss Amanda when she's on the other side of the pond, it'll be odd going to GTGs and not seeing her there