Wednesday 6 July 2011

Pretties!

This is my Speciality stitch RR, that I have received back today, I took part in this RR with some friends on the Crafty Natter forum.
It's an RR with a difference instead of the usual cross stitch, we did a Band sampler and we all stitched 3 bands each and at least one band had to be cutwork.
We were supposed to do the first three bands, I have still yet to finish my top band, and I will add two more at the bottom.

I chose to use a linen called Copper, sorry can't remember any other details about the fabric, and some basic colours which I would like.
I have to say I am really pleased with the result.

An update on my hexie quilt, I have over fifty hexie flowers now and still going on with the fabric, just received some from Norway today.

I am loving doing these!!

Thank you for stopping by
Hugs Rachael xx

5 comments:

Christine said...

That speciality stitch band sampler is gorgeous! Great pile of hex flowers too

Sally said...

Love your band sampler. It is so pretty.

Those hex flowers are lovely.

Julie said...

Stunning band sampler Rachael, what a good idea for a RR

Lots of lovely hexi flowers

Pumpkin said...

Beautiful sampler!

Look at all your hexies :o)

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of rr's... but once burned... :( (I never had a certain project returned one time on an fb rr) Course I wasn't real familiar with the ladies.
hexies just look so neat. Yours are very well done! Good job.